As the world is growing so fast and people are adapting more into technology, a lot of people now days prefer wire transfer instead of carrying visible cash in their pocket and wallet. One way of keeping and transferring money today is Mobile Money.
Mobile money is an electronic way of transferring money using your phone and the best part of it is that you can do it from the comfort of your home or wherever you are. This is available in many countries and allows users to store, send, and receive money using their mobile phone. For example, in Uganda we have MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money, M-sente as the famous and most used Mobile Money service providers.
Just in any online or Electronic money transfer process, security and safety should always be a priority because exposing your details or any mistake can lead to a serious and big loss that can be regretted for many years.
The following are some of the Mobile Money Security and Safety Tips that can help you as you always perform your transactions:
- Don’t share you Personal Identification Number (PIN) with anyone and never mention it out loud.
- Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN) regularly especially if you are suspicious.
- Use Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) that are not easy to guess or forge. Avoid PIN such as 00000, 12345, 22222, 55555, birth dates, phone numbers etc.
- As soon as your phone is stolen or it got lost, report to the police immediately and block your SIM card.
- Do not write your Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) on calendar, walls, phone books etc.
- Guard your Personal Identification Number (PIN) jealously.
- Do not share the PIN even with the Mobile Money agents.
If you follow the above 7 security and safety tips then your Mobile Money account will always be safe and you will not have to worry.
In case I have forgotten with any tips that you know and you feel it is necessary, please let me know in the comment section below. Thanks