As our world is going digital every day, almost all the banks are having the option for online transaction. This means you don’t have to physically go to the bank but rather perform the transaction from your phone or computer as long as you have internet connection. However, safety and security is also really important as you perform your online transactions.
The followings are the Tips that you need to know in order to ensure online security and safety when doing your online banking transaction:
- Do not share your Username and Password with anybody.
- Always create strong passwords. Your passwords should incorporate lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. As mentioned above, it should be unique.
- Always sign out and never enable automatic logins.
- Do not provide your username and passwords at another site except to the site of the bank that you use always.
- Change your username and password on initial sign in.
- Memorize your username and password and never share with anyone else.
- Change your username and password regularly.
- Always remember to read the terms & Conditions of the site you are using.
- Report any suspicious emails or websites you may encounter to your service provider.
- Monitor your account regularly.
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi network to access your account as they are usually not encrypted, making it easier for hackers to steal information.
- Safeguard your device by restricting access to it with a PIN, Password, Pattern or Fingerprint.
- Turn off your Bluetooth function when you are not actively using to minimize the likelihood of cyber-criminals taking over certain functions.
If you have more tips that we forgot to mention here, please share it here in the comment section below and we will surely add it to the list.