Android smartphones sometimes tend to be slow, freeze, respond slowly or maybe if you once protected your phone with pattern, passwords, personal identification number (PIN) then mistakenly you happened to forget it. All these are really embarrassing and it can give you stress since you cannot access your device contents anymore.
If this has ever happened to you and you have been looking for a solution or an answer for a while, take a deep breathe and relax because you are in a right place! This is because there is still other alternatives left for you which you will be able to recover and use your device again and that is known as Hard Resetting, Restoring to factory mode on your device.
NOTE/DISCLAIMER/WARNING: Before you begin the hard reset process, remember that all your personal data which include your music files, video, documents, photos, downloaded Apps and others will be erased (disappear forever) and you won’t be able to recover them because your device’s memory will become brand new as you bought it. Do not be upset because it will not affect your SD card or anything saved on your SIM Card. I will advise you to at least try if possible to perform a backup first.
- Completely switch OFF your device.
- Press and hold the volume down and power button key simultaneously until you see a test screen that shows some available options appear. This usually takes about 10 to 15 seconds depending on the device that you are running the operation on. When a test screen appeared you can remove your hand from those buttons.
- Use the volume down key to navigate down through the options until it highlighted Factory Reset.
- Press power ON/OFF key start recovery process.
- Wait without interrupting until the process is done. Your phone will power ON and be reset to its factory settings. With these easy steps, you now know how to hard reset any Android Smartphone and next time your device misbehave, freeze or you forgot your password/pattern I am sure you will be able to do it.
In case I have missed any step that you know, please leave the method in the comment section below so that I can add it to the list. Don’t forget to check out some of my post related to this. Thanks
Congratulations! You have just learned how to hard reset your Android phone.