So I have been using my Android phone and it could connect to the PC well in case I want to transfer any file from my phone to PC. Few days ago, my computer failed to recognize my phone whenever I connect using the USB data cable.
It was until I had to figure out the solution and it worked for me so here I am sharing it with you just in case you might be experiencing the same problem
If your Mac or Window computer won’t recognize your phone whenever you connect using the USB data cable, I am going to show you how to fix the problem in less that 3 minutes and you can do it by yourself.
All you need to do is to “update the MTP USB Drivers on Your Computer (Windows)”.
If you want to use your phone as a media device on your computer, you need to enable the MTP mode on your phone. This requires that you have MTP drivers installed and updated on your computer.
Most computers have those drivers installed already. If they’re outdated, you can easily update them using the Device Manager:
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB data transfer cable.
- Open the Device Manager by Right-Clicking on the Start button or simply hitting Win + X.
- Find your Android device under Portable Devices, Right-Click on it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Browse my Computer for driver software.
- Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer option at the bottom.
- Select MTP USB Device from the list and click on Next at the bottom.
Immediately the driver is updated, your computer should be able to recognize your Android phone hence allowing you to do data tranfer.