The Content Development Support Programme (CDSP) is an initiative dedicated to supporting the audio-visual Industry in Uganda. This initiative will provide support to Ugandan production companies and individuals for the development of Audio-visual content. This includes feature films, short films, animations, documentaries, and television dramas. It is envisaged that through this Programme, Ugandans will be able to create employment opportunities, generate revenue, acquire skills, promote and develop audiences for local content.
OBJECTIVES OF CONTENT DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT PROGRAMME
The Content Development Support Programme seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase competitiveness of the Ugandan audio-visual content locally and internationally.
- Boost the production of audio-visual content to increase the volume and diversity of content.
- Create employment opportunities in the audio-visual industry through increased and coordinated opportunities for content development.
- Develop and build audiences for Ugandan audio-visual Content.
- Globally Position, Promote and market Uganda as a filming destination for international productions and co-productions.
This financial year 2020/2021, Uganda Communication Commission has prioritized support for development and production of local films/audio-visual content which promotes Ugandan culture and tourism. The content should be under any of the following genres;
- Feature Films
- TV Dramas
- Short films
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
The Programme does not support the following:
- Corporate videos
- Non-governmental organisations and other institutions or companies not primarily involved in the film and television industry.
- Individuals or companies who are not Ugandan citizens.
- Training programmes primarily focusing on the performing arts.
TIME LIMIT ON COMMITTED SUPPORT
Successful applicants or beneficiaries have a one-year period (financial year) to raise and utilise the approved support. Failure to do so will result in the automatic forfeiture of such support, which will be reallocated to other projects. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that funds are raised and milestones met within this time period. An extension may be granted in exceptional circumstances. The beneficiary must request an extension in writing at least three months before the expiration of the one-year period.
The Content Development Support Programme will operate on a recoupment basis where applicable. The recouped revenue from audiovisual productions that have been successful will be used to replenish the Content Development Support Programme.
EVALUATION PROCESS OF APPLICATIONS
GENERAL EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR APPLICATIONS
The project will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The project shall be evaluated on its originality, uniqueness and relevancy to the Ugandan values.
- The applicant should show a good understanding of filming structures in their projects.
- The project will be assessed on its marketing strategy to its potential audience.
- The applicant should demonstrate how their project will impact the development of the local Audio-Visual industry.
- The project and supporting documents should be submitted and presented professionally.
- The project team should possess relevant educational qualifications and or experience to deliver the proposed project timely.
- The project budget and plan should be feasible according to the relevant market.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- A completed application form.
- An application letter.
- A project plan.
- A synopsis/ script.
- Registration document for companies or Copy of National identification card for individuals.
- Proof of ownership of the project.
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Cast and Crew Curriculum Vitae.
- Marketing Strategy.
- Co-productions agreement or contracts (if any)