A lot of people’s account have been attacked by hackers and they ended up losing access to their various accounts. Here are five ways to avoid being hacked on the internet.
- Create strong Password. Having a strong password is very important because it helps protect and secure your account from being hacked. And a strong password is a combination of numbers and letters.
- Don’t Use the same password everywhere. This may sounds impossible or difficult to do but remember that using the same password is probably the easiest way that can allow hackers get access to your account. If you have the same Facebook password as the same banking information, just know that it can get you into a very serious trouble.
- Use caution clicking links and attachments sent to you. Whenever I visit spam folder in my email I would get a lot of emails from people that I don’t even know. Email, attachments and links to the foreign website are the one that you need to be careful with, never click on it anyhow, they can end up getting your details when you click those links.
- Don’t use the same email. Never use the same email when accessing sites, like gaming site and online transaction site to keep your account safe.
- Use 2 Factor Authentication where possible. All your banking system, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp support the ability for you to enable security features that you may not know. Go to the setting under your account and enable it, then at every log in you will be required to enter that code. This is important because even if hackers have access to your password, they will still have to enter that code sent to your phone which in most case will be impossible since they cannot get your phone.